2013 Riding Camp Dates
- July 8-12
Riding Camp Activities Include:
- Ride twice a day
- Hands on lectures
- Horse care
- Horse management
Camp runs 9-3pm
Must be able to jump a course of 2’3” or higher at a canter.
One day of cross country schooling.
Kids need to bring: drinks, snack, lunch, riding clothes/boots.
Download the Camp Confirmation Sheet with information for camp participants
Please be sure of the following:
- Arrive between 8:45 and 9:00 each day and go to the meeting area. Riders will not be released into the “active equine area”, barn, until after the morning meeting.
- Wear long pants and boots with a heel (no shorts or capri pants)
- Wear a shirt that covers the tummy and can get dirty (we prefer no strappy tank tops)
- Keep hair contained
- Pack a snacks, lunch and drinks. We will provide water and refrigerated space for food.
- Be picked up at 3pm from the meeting area. There will be a charge for late pick-ups: $5 for first ten minutes, $1 for every minute after that.
What to expect:
- There will be a welcome orientation at 9:00 on the first day of camp for campers.
- 2 daily riding lesson
- Hands-on horse care: grooming, saddling, leading, horse management
- Lectures on horse parts, tack parts, breeds, colors, disciplines, etc.
- Fun and exercise
- Creative time
NOTE: Riders will have to remain in appropriate clothing and footwear while in the active equine area. This will allow them to participate in the un-mounted hands-on activities.
What to bring:
- The remainder of the camp fee if not already paid in full.
- A change of barn-appropriate clothes
- Lunch and plenty to drink
- Western Pleasure